Detailed Technical Requirements for Aluminum Strip Used in Transformers
1. Material Specification:
– The aluminum strip used in transformers should be made from high-quality, pure aluminum with a minimum purity of 99%, ensuring excellent electrical conductivity.
– The thickness of the aluminum strip should be specified according to the design requirements of the transformer. Commonly used thicknesses range from 0.2 mm to 3 mm.
2. Surface Finish:
– The surface finish of the aluminum strip should be clean, smooth, and free from scratches, oil, dirt, or any other contaminants that may affect its performance.
– Any surface treatment, such as anodizing or coating, should be carried out as per the customer’s specifications.
3. Dimensional Tolerance:
– The width, length, and thickness of the aluminum strip should conform to the specified dimensional tolerance limits. The tolerances should be determined based on the transformer design requirements and industry standards.
4. Mechanical Properties:
– The aluminum strip should possess good mechanical properties to withstand transformer manufacturing processes, including bending, stamping, and winding.
– The strip should have sufficient tensile strength and elongation to avoid deformation or breakage during these processes.
5. Electrical Conductivity:
– The electrical conductivity of the aluminum strip is crucial for efficient energy transfer in transformers. It should have a high electrical conductivity, typically exceeding 58% IACS (International Standard).
6. Chemical Composition:
– The chemical composition of the aluminum strip should be within the specified limits to ensure its electrical and mechanical properties. Common impurity limits include iron (Fe), copper (Cu), silicon (Si), zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn), and magnesium (Mg).
7. Reliability and Durability:
– The aluminum strip should exhibit excellent resistance to corrosion, oxidation, and aging, ensuring long-term reliability and durability in transformer applications.
– It should also have good thermal stability to withstand the operating temperatures encountered in transformers.
8. Packaging and Handling:
– The aluminum strip should be packaged in a way that prevents damage during transportation and storage. Suitable packaging materials, such as wooden crates or plastic wraps, should be used.
– Proper handling instructions should be provided to avoid any bending, scratching, or other physical damage that may affect the strip’s performance.
Please note that the above technical requirements may vary depending on the specific transformer design and industry standards. It is important to consult the transformer manufacturer or refer to relevant specifications for precise technical requirements in each case.